Maintaining the Level of Service

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy with the service we have provided to you or you have concerns about an invoice  then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem for you.

In the first instance please contact the partner responsible for the handling of your case.  If that does not resolve your concern or you consider that is inappropriate we also operate a formal complaints handling procedure and Mr Patrick Battersby  is the partner appointed to deal with complaints. Please use email   or contact us by letter at our postal address marked for his attention and with the file name and “Complaint” in the message.

A copy of the firm’s written complaints handling procedure is also available upon request. In the event that you do have any concerns, we would ask you to raise them with us as soon as possible so that they can be dealt with promptly.

We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we are unable to help you, then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman.

The Legal Ombudsman can investigate your complaint within either (i) one year of the problem occurring or (ii) one year from when you found out about it. If you wish to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint. If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman their contact details are as follows:


Call 0300 555 0333 between 8.30am and 5.30pm.
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines. Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.
For minicom call 0300 555 1777

The Solicitors Regulation Authority

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.   Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Information relating to reporting concerns about an individual or a firm to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is available on the SRA website. Please note that the SRA does not deal with complaints about poor service and  may be contacted at:

Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Cube
199 Wharfside Street
B1 1RN
Telephone number: 0370 606 2555